Johnson City, and Kingsport TN
Do you know what an arborist does? An arborist is, in short, a tree professional who has unique expertise, experience, and training in the science of planting and caring for trees. An arborist can help maintain your trees, but also can perform inspections for signs of disease or damage.
All tree service companies are not created equal. An arborist offers a level of services that is a cut above the rest (no pun intended). Your local Kingsport tree professionals at Promier Tree is proud to have several professional, certified arborists on staff ready and waiting to assist you.
We also have compiled this list of helpful tips on how to hire an arborist:
- Credentials: Any tree service company you hire needs to have the proper insurance policies and licensing. By only hiring an arborist that is bonded and insured, this protects you in case the tree professional does not finish the job or causes damage to your property while completing the work. Also, when you first reach out to a company, ask if the arborists on staff have been certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), considered the premier professional organization in the field. Being certified by the ISA indicates a willingness to remain current in the field.
- Diligence: Before beginning any job, a professional, bonded arborist should perform an on-site evaluation and submit a detailed proposal that breaks down the exact tasks that will be performed—as well as the financial cost. Consumers should ask for these proposals, and this insistence protects you against scammers who masquerade as door-to-door tree removal companies.
- Red flags: If you notice words like “topping,” “lacing out” and “lion’s tailing” on one of these proposals, beware. None of these practices are acceptable among experienced, honorable tree care professionals. If any proposal you encounter uses these terms, you should seek the services of another company. Also, beware of doing business with any company that attempts to rush you into a supposed bargain. Do your homework online, and check for reviews online while also asking neighbors and friends if they have a tree removal company they can recommend.
- Estimates: Make sure to ask for an estimate from any arborist you are considering. Gathering at least two estimates always is a good idea, and any reputable tree removable company will offer an estimate on a complimentary basis. Promier Tree’s policy is to provide estimates free of charge.
- Things to look for: An arborist operating at the forefront of the field should be able to fulfill a wide range of tree-related services, including pruning, fertilizing, other routine maintenance, pest control, and cabling and/or bracing. Arborists should not recommend topping a tree except in very rare circumstances. An arborist should use removal of a living tree only as the final resort. Arborists also should refrain from using climbing spikes unless they are in the process of removing a tree.
Certified Arborists in Kingsport
You can trust the arborists at Promier Tree today to do a capable, courteous job. If you have some sort of tree-related need, contact our office at (423) 765-2626 to schedule an appointment or free estimate.
Promier Tree is here to serve residential and business customers in the areas of Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport in Tennessee.